Here is one of the best resume samples of a data analysis specialist. You can alter it according to your needs, switch paragraphs, add or delete information.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 111 222 333
Address: 4555 Street Town, state 56781
Data Analyst with 5+ years of experience in analyzing and interpreting data to provide excellent business solutions. Flawless knowledge of statistics, analytics, and mathematics. Solid understanding of business processes, the mastership of analytical instruments for efficient analysis of data.
- Microsoft Excel
- Data Warehousing
- Data collecting
- IBM SPSS
- C++/ HTML 5
Company’s name, town, state / October 2016 – Present
- Managing development and planning of design and metric reports
- Investigating and initiating studies to forecast market trends
- Performing analyses of markets to increase sales
- Developing reports and delegating tasks to members of the team
Company’s name, town, state / August 2014 – September 2016
- Interpreting data to make conclusions that were used by executives
- Using statistical data and information technology reports to test and evaluate decisions
- Proposing solutions for improving the efficiency of the system to reduce expenses
- Presenting information to the team to improve operations and business strategies
Education and Certifications
M.S. in Business Analytics
University, Town, State, years of education
B.S. in Statistics
University, Town, State, years of education
An employee of the year
Data Analyst Resume Writing Guidelines
We have all heard of such a position as a business analyst, while data specialists can be met not so often. So who is a data analyst and what does he do?
These specialists collect and store information on the market peculiarities, sales, logistics, behaviors, linguistics and other quantitative features inside and outside the company. They provide a technical inspection to make sure that the data is accurate and clear, and then design and present this data in such a way that people or companies make proper decisions.
Are you already an analyst or want to become one? The first and often the most challenging step is creating a resume. It is your chance to be noticed and to get an invite for an interview. Do you want to leave everything to the chance and to use a generated resume template? Or would you prefer spending a few hours of your time on crafting a flawless resume?
Below we have collected the best tips from our resume summary professional writers. Now you should only read those tips attentively and apply them!
- Always include a Resume Objective or a Summary of Qualifications
It is very advisable to start your resume with Resume Objective section. It comes right after contact details and aims to highlight your major abilities and sphere of expertise right at the beginning of the resume. This section is compulsory for positions, which require a solid technical background and a set of specific skills. Data analyst is a great example of such an occupation.
So why it is so necessary to include a Resume Summary? It is a great chance to help to hire managers to see what you are capable of right from the start: they won’t have to scroll the page looking for necessary information. When placing your main skills and abilities on top of the page, you give hiring managers a chance to see whether you possess necessary skills or not, so they won’t waste their time searching for necessary information.
However, this section is important only if you know exactly what position you are applying to and that you possess all the necessary skills and qualifications. You can get familiar with this section in the example above. It shows the main qualities of the candidate and allows performing the strongest sides.
Here is another example:
Data analyst with 10+ years of experience in collecting and analyzing information to come up with the most relevant business decisions. Outstanding knowledge of information technologies, business processes, and analytics. Fluency in French and German. Excellent knowledge of MS Office and its instruments.
As you see, it is a brief summary of the things the candidate is able to achieve and it shows the main skills that may be required for a certain position. Depending on your set of skills, you can add specific programs, software or quantitative results. The best part is that the Summary section is a creative process and should be tailored according to a specific vacancy.
- Work on the Additional Skills
If you are familiar with the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, you know that they give out information on various specialties and occupations. According to the data, analysts are statisticians, which means that they work with statistical data and numbers in order to evaluate and interpret information.
This means that the most relevant background would be mathematics or statistics, as well as outstanding analytical skills. In addition, it is highly recommended to master various modeling instruments, including regression and decision trees.
If you want to get a good job offer, you should also know how to work with various analytical instruments (for example, SAS). Here is an example from a resume:
– Experienced in IBM SPSS, Pivot Tables, SAS, Microsoft Excel, Tableau, SQL
In addition, analysts must be very attentive to the slightest detail and to be accurate in every section. Indicate the above qualities in your resume or your cover letter, so that the hiring manager could see not only your technical skills but also your strengths in communication and other fields.
- Quantify as many achievements as you can
As you already understand, data analyses are always about numbers, so it is crucial for you to quantify achievements and to add numbers, where it is possible. Don’t be shy to include what you have achieved in the industry and quantify those achievements any time it is possible.
- Integrated data and procedures, optimizing the workflow by 15%
- Analyzed 500+ market competitors, making conclusions about the future of our company and the course it should follow
Adding quantitative data to a resume is a great chance to show potential employers what influence you had on the previous company. Your achievements are a great tool to depict your impact on the business and to show that you are able to reach all the goals. The clearer picture the hiring manager will have, the better the chances of being invited for an interview you will have.
- Proofread and edit
Some people think that checking a resume for mistakes and misprints is not important. They think that only the list of achievements and impressive awards tell whether you are a good candidate or not. However, it is a misconception and you risk losing a job offer of your dreams if you don’t eliminate typos and mistakes.
Poor grammar or vocabulary are indicators of your unprofessionalism and show that you are not ready to devote extra time to fix mistakes. If you are not strong at this, you can always use online checkers, ask your relatives or friends for help or contact our professional editors and proofreaders.
In this way, you will get a fresh look at your resume and will be able to deliver an outstanding resume that any hiring manager would love to read!
What Do Business Analysts Do?
A business analyst is one of the most diverse specialists because he should cover a wide range of responsibilities in a variety of fields. The main role of such a person is to conduct a comprehensive analysis that includes daily activities, requirements, and design. Such specialists work on all types of analyses and reporting. They also conduct quality control and make sure that there is a stable growth of various indicators.
Here are some responsibilities a business analyst will have to face on a daily basis:
- Studying business peculiarities and determining the main goals of the enterprise. Collecting information and evaluating requirements;
- Constructing diagrams and charts. Exploring capabilities of the system and writing specifications;
- Improving various systems and creating modifications for their better performance;
- Identifying problems and providing recommendations on their solution;
- Defining requirements of projects: their milestones, stages and key elements. Forming teams for particular projects and recommending necessary steps;
- Planning and coordinating studies of the market to support the planning of the company’s strategy and initiatives;
- Interpreting and evaluating data and creating business analyses for decision-making;
- Monitoring completion of projects by tracking their progress. Solving problems and publishing regular reports;
- Conducting comprehensive research in order to support the chosen strategy and future planning for different departments or projects;
- Sanction resource necessity and developing models for cost estimation;
- Maintaining the trust of users and supporting the confidentiality of data;
- Preparing technical reviews by gathering and summarizing trends and the latest information.
Business Analyst Resume Sample & Examples
In this article, we have already discussed the qualifications summary for data analysts. Now it is the right time to give you a sample of a resume for a business analyst job offer. Make sure you indicate all of your strengths and skills!
City, State 22222 | 222 222 – 2222 | [email protected] | URL on Linkedin |website
Corporate Business Analyst
Delivering the best solutions to the most challenging business problems
Business analyst with solid experience in documentation, research, and development, as well as creating complex solutions for innovative and stable growth of corporations. Always ready to look for the latest ways and effective solutions for maximum profitability and growth.
- Managing risks
- BI and ERP
- Collecting and analyzing data
- Managing projects
- Research of data and its analytics
ABC COMPANY (International organization) – City, state 2010 – Present
Business Analyst II, 2012 – Present
Data Analyst 2010- 2013
QA Engineer 2007 – 2010
Was promoted several times due to the excellent quality of performed tasks. At the moment manage projects on improving the company’s efficiency and constant improvement, as well as on building a strong reputation on a global market. Usage of the latest modeling tools and instruments. Analyzing departments, technical characteristics and objectives of the company to provide the best solutions.
I always conducted a deep analysis of various projects, reporting instruments, office software, and applications.
- 11% higher revenues
- 40% improved efficiency
- $1M in quarterly revenues
- 20+ employees hired
- Gave executives all the necessary tools and solutions for making up-to-date decisions on organization, consolidation, and relocation of businesses
- Worked together with tech departments to improve automated processes, which could save money and minimize mistakes
- Engaged with stakeholders of the company to connect technologies and business. Offered solutions to meet specific goals
UNIVERSITY – City, State |MBA, Major
COLLEGE – City, State |BS, Major
- SAP, SAS, MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2
- Windows, Linux, UNIX, MAC OS X, Android, Apple iOS
- Tableau, QlikView
If you have trouble creating an outstanding resume, choose our resume editor and forget about any stress. Our specialists write and edit hundreds of resumes every day, so they know everything about resume writing!